Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day One: Red Hat Ladies

Mike and I arrived separately at the airport before noon. Ashley and Jose were picking us up and still outside of town, so we sidled up at the bar at Jose Cuervo's Tequileria and had a few drinks. I had already had two beers on the plane because they said my coupons would no longer be honored after September 1. I had no choice!

Ashley and Jose arrived about a half an hour later and we made a beer run to get trashcan lemonade ingredients (Select 55 and frozen pink lemonade concentrate). We checked into the hotel at around 12:30 and began mixing the trashcan cocktail in our hotel room's trashcan (hence the name, duh).

After drinking for a while, we took off to become Dollar Menunaires and soon began getting texts from arriving revelers. Kat arrived first, then Kim, followed by Ryan and Stephen. Jessie had some flight issues, but made it in at around 6.

We gambled for a bit, then convened at 9 to change into our red hat finest. All I can say is it was out of control! Jessie was smart enough to have business cards made so we could get some of the pictures we were posing for back.

Some of my tweets didn't make it to facebook, so here's a link to my twitter feed to catch up.

This is a really bad recap of what happened, so hopefully my tweets from last night will help fill in some of the blanks.

No comments: