Saturday, August 21, 2010

Greetings, STBE X fans!!!

I refuse to pay for internet access, so I finally got myself over to the Krispy Kreme. Here's a wrapup of what happened yesterday (note: I wrote this and saved it to Word):

Vegas Day One:

I had to work today and booked my flight assuming my schedule would be the same as last session, but they gave me an extra class. As a result, I would not have as much time as I initially thought, so I had to make a super-secret deal with someone we’ll call K-Dawg to drop me off at the airport right after class got out.
I made it to the airport with just enough time to grab food and coffee before boarding the plane. When I landed, I lucked out and got a shuttle right away and it took less than an hour for me to get in, which is good for a shuttle. Upon arrival at the Nug’, I checked in and requested a room near Mario and Ryan, who had checked in a few hours before.
Mike, Stephen, Ryan and I gathered in our room to show off our fabulous theme night outfits before the boys took off to the pool. I stayed behind to wait for Mario and Otto to return from a booze run and am currently waiting for Kim to show up.
This is the most boring Vegas update ever for sure, but trust me, it’s about to get awesome! Now if only I had wifi…

Oh man. Snowbirds night was a HIT! We posed for pictures with so many people it was ridiculous! Toward the end of the night, some girl spotted us from the balcony of some club and sent her friend down to invite us up. Needless to say, once we determined it wouldn’t cost us any money, we went up and immediately became the main attraction. People were freak-dancing with us and everything. It was totally bizarre. All these people were hella dressed up trying to look all cool and we were dressed up like old people. I really don’t know what to say. It was hysterical. The exact words of the friends Susie (the girl who spotted us) were, “my friend likes the looks of you…and wants to know if you'll come and join her!” Man, we are so awesome!

I’ve had a long day, so I’m off to bed. More adventures await us tomorrow! If people thought Snowbird night was out of control, look out for Red Hat Lady night!!!

Kim here. I can't believe Ginger didn't mention Escape: The Journey Tribute Band, which was the start of our Fremont Street Experience, before our indecent proposal to join Susie. Fake Journey were committed to playing the entire Journey catalog, which meant that they were playing deep album cuts, and the "Grammy nominated in 1996, but I think it should have won" power ballad "When You Love a Woman." (Google it.) Also, Fake Steve Perry had a penchant for wearing shirts that were just not quite long enough for his torso. He needs to take care of that.

Thanks, Kim! Expect more awesome updates as the weekend progresses! We were pretty subtle last night compared to our red hat lady outfits, so tonight is going to be out of control (tm Regis Philbin).

No comments: