Tuesday, September 1, 2009

when klass meets class

Here are some side by side comparison shots of Binion's and Caesar's. As if it needs to be said, Binion's is on the left. Click the image for a closer look.



The first shot is of the sleeping area, note the height of the Caesar's beds. Also note that while there are 8 pillows on those beds, there are 2 on the Binion's beds. Also note the mirrored headboards on those Caesar's beds. That's a bold choice for a room with 2 beds, if you're catching my drift.

The second shot showcases the TV/desk/dresser area with the nearby seating area. I didn't really have any use for the big square chair in the Caesar's room, but I did enjoy the rolling desk chair that reclined. Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture of it. I didn't include a lot of shots at Caesar's that showed just how much bigger the room was than the room at Binion's. Fun fact about the curtains at Caesar's: you open and close them with a button on the wall. Seems overly lazy to me.

And in the third shot, check out the ultimate sign of a classy hotel room: the toilet phone. Nothing says class like "my phone calls are so important, they can't wait for me to get off the toilet to make them." Clearly, I am not classy, since I had no use for the toilet phone. There didn't seem to be a button to call the phone in the living area of the room, otherwise, I'd have called Mike or Gabe when they were staying there with me. The toilet was in a separate room at Caesar's, they know you need privacy for toilet calls.

One area Binion's wins? A coffeemaker in the room. I'm being totally serious. Caesar's set up the room so if I wanted to eat or drink anything, I either had to bust into the minibar (haha, like that was gonna happen), or spend a bunch of money downstairs (again, yeah right). Thank you, Binion's, for allowing me to brew some hot tea before bed and in the morning!

No comments: