Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday in Vegas

Gabe took off at about 8 this morning and I cleaned up a bit in the room (it looked like my bag exploded) while deciding what the hell I was gonna do for food. Nothing at Caesar's is cheap, there's no free WiFi to be had anywhere on the premises, and I really didn't feel like walking anywhere in the heat. In the process of organizing everything, I realized I had left my Nascar/Dale Jr./Budweiser boxer shorts at home! Now I need to find more "patriotic" pants for tomorrow night! I'm sure I can find something.

Anyhoo, I finally cleaned myself up, pushed the "service please" button (yes, they don't do "do not disturb" tags at Caesar's), and headed toward the Palazzo, where I heard there was free WiFi to be had at the First Restaurant and Bar. It's pretty pricy, but if I can blog here, I guess I'll pay a little extra. Plus, I'm relaxing today.

I ordered a PBR right away because, well, they have it on tap. It's like some sort of rule of life that if a place has PBR on tap, you have to order it. Look it up somewhere. The bartender totally forgot to take my order, but was apologetic when I walked up to the bar to order a "Tommy Burger" (a build it yourself deal, which is perfect for people like me who don't like much on their burgers). I even took a picture of it, a la Kathy with a C and her burger blog). The burger (that I'm currently eating) is delicious. Very good meat, cooked perfectly on a nice bun. The fries are thin, similar to the ones you'd get at Claim jumper, but sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, which wouldn't be my choice, but they're good anyway.



I'm really not doing anything of interest right now, so I'll finish my lunch, get another beer and add some pictures.

Sorry, I'm not doing anything interesting while on my own! I had a couple of beers, though, we'll see what happens! I'm heading back to the Palace now so I can go swimming and watch TV from the shower again.

By the by, the PBR is only $3 a pint here, not bad for a drink in an actually classy place on the strip.

1 comment:

Shooter said...

While you're shopping, can you look for an American flag bandana? I'll pay you back.