Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What $32 buys you

I had planned to post this shortly after checking in at Binion's on Friday afternoon, but Mike and I had kind of a late night on Thursday and were too tired to hunt down the free WiFi needed to make the post. Get ready to be impressed! You should note that the guy at the front desk said that the "hot tip" I got online to ask for a room in the "Old Mint Tower" was a good tip. The rooms in here are allegedly bigger and nicer than the rooms in the other tower. BETTER and BIGGER. Please keep those words in mind when you look at these pictures.

The first thing I noticed was the...um...interesting color scheme.



OK, I lied, the first thing I noticed was the awesome TV.



I also went to the bathroom to see if Binion's featured a fabulous walk-in shower with two shower heads and a TV built into the mirror and a toilet phone.



Mike's room had a different TV and different bed linens, which we thought was weird.



Finally, some shots of a cigarette burn on one of the bed comforters and the motheaten curtains. How do you spell class? B-I-N-I-O-N-S!!!



OK, I spoke too soon, I'll end this post with Binh showcasing the open screenless window. We were on the 20th floor, and each night before we went out, we said, "remember the suicide pact at the end of the night!"



I'll put up some comparison shots between Caesar's and Binion's later on. I really don't think Binion's was all that bad, but it was definitely much different than Caesar's!

No comments: