Tuesday, May 11, 2010

theme night change


Sorry Gabe!

Jose pointed out some obvious flaws with our Old Timey Gangster theme a while ago. He doubts hotel security want a bunch of people walking around dressed like gangsters, especially since we'd want to carry fake Tommy Guns with us. Mike and I thought we could find a way around it, but his friend suggested we dress up as Snowbirds, and we liked the idea enough to switcheroo.

Snowbirds, in case you're wondering (I know I was), are old people who live in cold climates during the winter and warm climates during the summer. Or reverse. Something like that. Here, just read the wikipedia entry. As I described on the theme night page, you can find these people in RVs, winning shuffleboard tournaments, or shopping in the Chaps section at Kohl's.

Anyhoo, don't be too mad at us. I just told you where to shop. Alternately, I'm sure anything you ladies find at Chico's would be acceptable.

2 comments:

Kip "Malibu" Skerploutski said...

i think the gangster theme had a lot of potential, even without fake weapons.

seriously though. threes company, red hat ladies, and old people? these themes have been done to death!

V McIntyre said...

Well, it's the 10th Annual and Mike and I were going for a Greatest Hits feel.